Your Councillors by Division

Local Councillors are elected by the community to decide how the council should carry out its various activities. They represent public interest as well as individuals living within the ward in which he or she has been elected to serve a term of office.

They have regular contact with the general public through council meetings, telephone calls or surgeries. Surgeries provide an opportunity for any ward resident to go and talk their councillor face to face and these take place on a regular basis.

Councillors are not paid a salary for their work, but they do receive allowances. By law, all members of the Council are required to complete a declaration of interest form, the details of which are published annually here.

To find out who your local Unitary Councillor or MP is, you can click on Write to Them,

Or you can use the following links:

 Bishop's Hull & Taunton West

 Blackdown & Neroche

 Blackmoor Vale


 Bridgwater East & Bawdrip

 Bridgwater North & Central

 Bridgwater South

 Bridgwater West


 Burnham on Sea North


 Castle Cary

 Chard North

 Chard South



 Comeytrowe & Trull


 Curry Rivel & Langport

 Dulverton & Exmoor


 Frome East

 Frome North

 Frome West


 Highbridge & Burnham South



 King Alfred



 Mendip Central & East

 Mendip Hills

 Mendip South

 Mendip West


 Monkton & North Curry

 North Petherton

 Rowbarton & Staplegrove

 Shepton Mallet


 South Petherton & Islemoor


 Taunton East

 Taunton North

 Taunton South

 Upper Tone

 Watchet & Stogursey



 Wincanton & Bruton

 Yeovil Central

 Yeovil East

 Yeovil South

 Yeovil West