Pension Fund Committee
Purpose of committee
The Pension Fund Committee is a committee with delegated decision-making powers for the Fund in accordance with Section 101 of the Local Government Act 1972.
The Committee will be provided with full delegated powers to discharge the functions of the Council in its role as the administering authority of the Somerset Council Pension Fund as defined in the LGPS Regulations.
The membership of the committee comprises 9 employer representatives (7 Somerset Council members, representative from Avon and Somerset Police & Crime Commissioner and 1 representative from the remaining employers within the Fund) and 1 scheme representative (nominated by the trade unions).
- Councillor Simon Coles (Chair)
- Councillor John Cook-Woodman
- Councillor Michael Dunk
- Councillor Habib Farbahi
- Councillor David Fothergill
- Councillor Mike Hewitson
- Councillor Peter Seib
- Paul Butler Avon and Somerset Police and Crime Commissioner
- Sarah Williams Other Employers
- Vacancy employee representative (nominated by trade unions)
- Caroline Burton
- Shirley Cuthbert
- Rachel Lamb
- Councillor Anne Hills
- Rod Bryant
- Debbie Widdows (Secretary)
Support officer: Democratic Services Email: email@example.com.