Somerset Council - Consolidated 2022/23 Outturn Report
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Following consideration of the officer report, appendices and discussion, the Executive:
a. Agreed to note the final overall overspend for Somerset of £18.7m funded from reserves.
b. Agreed the requested carry forwards of £0.5m.
c. Noted the opening position of £26.8m General Fund Reserves as at the 1 April 2023.
d. Approved that £23m of Earmarked reserves are transferred in General Fund Reserves to ensure they are maintained at the appropriate level and to receive a report detailing the amalgamated earmarked reserves position at the October Executive meeting.
e. Noted the opening position of £156.8m of Somerset Council earmarked reserves as set out in Table 4 of the report and the current commitments against those reserves.
f. Agreed the additions and amendments to the Capital Programme in the last quarter.
g. Noted the completed capital projects.
h. Noted the position on capital receipts and commitments.
i. Noted the outturn positions of Sedgemoor District Councils Housing Revenue Account (an underspend of £0.446m) and Somerset West and Taunton (an overspend of £0.227m).
j. Approved the capital carry forwards of £4.6m relating to Sedgemoor District Councils HRA.
k. Approved the reduction of £8.8m for capital schemes no longer required within the previous Somerset West and Taunton HRA
The Executive recommended to Council:
l. To note the year end position of the legacy Councils’ General Fund Capital Programmes and approve the carry forward requests of £99.5m and revised Capital Programme.
m. To note the year end position of the legacy Councils’ HRA Capital Programmes and approve the carry forward requests of £90.4m and revised Capital Programme.
ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS CONSIDERED: As set out in the officer report
REASON FOR DECISION: As set out in the officer report
Publication date: 06/09/2023
Date of decision: 06/09/2023
Decided at meeting: 06/09/2023 - Executive
- Item 6 Somerset Council – Consolidated 2022.23 Outturn Report PDF 2 MB
- Appendix 1a - SCC Reserves PDF 27 KB
- Appendix 1b SCC Capital Outturn Table PDF 52 KB
- Appendix 2 MDC Outturn Report PDF 253 KB
- Appendix 2a - Mendip Reserves PDF 61 KB
- Appendix 2b Mendip DC Capital Outturn Table PDF 148 KB
- Appendix 3 SDC outturn report 2223 PDF 239 KB
- Appendix 3a -SDC HRA Outturn Report 2022-23 PDF 225 KB
- Appendix 3b - Sedgemoor District Council Reserves PDF 39 KB
- Appendix 3c -Sedgemoor DC Capital Outturn Table PDF 130 KB
- Appendix 4 SWT 2022-23 GF Outturn Report PDF 339 KB
- Appendix 4a SWT 2022-23 HRA Outturn Report PDF 208 KB
- Appendix 4b SWTC Reserves PDF 68 KB
- Appendix 4c Somerset West and taunton Capital Outturn Table PDF 134 KB
- Appendix 5 SSDC Outturn report 22-23 PDF 321 KB
- Appendix 5a - SSDC Reserves PDF 158 KB
- Appendix 5b South Somerset DC Capital Outturn Table PDF 175 KB
- Appendix 6 Somerset Council Reserves PDF 92 KB
- Appendix 7 Consolidated Capital Programme Final PDF 182 KB
- Appendix 7a HRA consolidated capital programme 2324 PDF 48 KB
- Appendix 1 SCC Outturn Report PDF 1004 KB